Our week long 11+ Scholarship Course is recommended for students aiming towards an academic scholarship at a London Independent school for Year 7 Entrance. The course takes place during the summer holidays prior to the start of Year 6 and the October Half Term in Year 6 to help students prepare for the Independent School 11+ exams in January 2014. The course is taught by our expert 11+ teacher and will cover English, Maths, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning and includes a Mock Test on the last day.
The course will provide an opportunity for top applicants to learn in a rigorous and challenging environment and further develop their skills and understanding. The course can be taken in addition to the regular 11+ Revision Course, or as an alternative to it.
The Course will include
- Pre – course written assessment which is sent out to pupils to complete before the course takes place. This is given to the teacher to mark, and each course will be tailored to the students, as a group and as individuals.
- Mock Test on the last day. This will test the topics taught during the course, and will be conducted under exam conditions, giving the students invaluable exam practise.
- Reports and Feedback. The teacher will give summarise what was covered during the course, and will also give individual written feedback to students, with suggestions for further revision and improvements.
- Books, worksheets and practice papers. These will be supplied by the teacher, and are unique to Greater London Courses.
- Reports and suggestions for additional study.
- A session on interview technique and practise.
The course will cover:
- Maths – develop strong foundation ability in the relevant topics, working on challenging and unusual problem solving and improve general mathematical understanding on fractions, decimals, percentages, geometry, averages, graphs. Additional focus on demystifying wordy questions, and on lateral thinking.
Develop strong foundation ability in the relevant topics, working on challenging and unusual problem solving and improve general mathematical understanding on fractions, decimals, percentages, geometry, averages, graphs. Additional focus on demystifying wordy questions, and on lateral thinking.
- English – comprehension: focus on reading skills, cultivating attention to detail and learning how to spot a writer’s intentions. The course material includes interesting, challenging passages, and contains discussion of the writer’s linguistic choices and will include some work on critical thinking.
Composition: developing story writing, planning more developed, vibrant stories, with exercises to draw in the reader and creating more interesting description.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning – working on more advanced questions, with more challenging exercises for Literacy questions, vocabulary questions, numeracy questions, and improving speed and accuracy.
The course runs for three hours a day (including two short breaks) for one week, Monday to Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm. Please refer to the timetable to see when your next nearest course will take place.
Our 11+ courses take place during the Summer Holidays and October Half Term only.
There will be a maximum of six students per course.
Cost £375 including VAT