Week Long English Literature Revision Course
Our week long English Literature revision course can be taken by students of all exam boards. The course focuses on the skills required for the GCSE, and lasts five days, mornings or afternoons only. We encourage students participating in the course to approach their teacher with any text specific questions on a one to one basis.
The course will include:
- Pre – course questionnaire which is sent out to pupils to complete before the course takes place. Each course will be tailored to the students, as a group and as individuals.
- Mock Test on the last day. This will test the topics taught during the course, and will be conducted under exam conditions, giving the students invaluable exam practise.
- Reports and Feedback. The teacher will give summarise what was covered during the course, and will also give individual written feedback to students, with suggestions for further revision and improvements.
The course will use excerpts from syllabus texts to explore:
- The presentation of character and relationships
- Personal responses to poetry, drama and prose and how they might be useful in the exam
- The importance of the setting and awareness of cultural context of fiction and poetry
- Drama and its difference from prose
- The use of a variety of literary techniques including structure, metaphor and narrative and authorial voice
- Writing an essay in timed conditions
The course runs for three hours a day (including two short breaks) for one week, Monday to Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm or 1.30pm – 4.30pm. Please refer to the timetable to see when your next nearest course will take place.
Our English Literature GCSE Revision Courses take place during October Half Term, Christmas Holidays, Easter Holidays and Summer Half Term.
There will be a maximum of six students per course