Our week long English Language revision course can be taken by students of all exam boards. The course focuses on the skills required for the GCSE, and lasts five days, mornings or afternoons only. We encourage students participating in the course to approach their teacher with any specific questions on a one to one basis.
The Course will include
- Pre – course questionnaire which is sent out to pupils to complete before the course takes place. Each course will be tailored to the students, as a group and as individuals.
- Mock Test on the last day. This will test the topics taught during the course, and will be conducted under exam conditions, giving the students invaluable exam practise.
- Reports and Feedback. The teacher will give summarise what was covered during the course, and will also give individual written feedback to students, with suggestions for further revision and improvements.
The Course will focus on
- Understanding non-fiction texts (reading for meaning, understanding and commenting on the impact of different techniques, encountering the media)
- Producing non-fiction texts (writing letters, leaflets, articles that seek to inform, describe, or explain bearing in mind a particularly target audience)
- The capacity to reflect upon and comment on contemporary issues that are within the students general experience
- Exam technique – how to pace yourself, and what you need to prepare
The course runs for three hours a day (including two short breaks) for one week, Monday to Friday 9.30am to 12.30pm or 1.30pm – 4.30pm. Please refer to the timetable to see when your next nearest course will take place.
Our English Language GCSE Revision Courses take place during October Half Term, Easter Holidays and Summer Half Term.
There will be a maximum of six students per course