Our 11+ Introduction Course is for students in Year 5, and helps with preparation for Grammar and Independent school entry into Year 7. The three day course is taught by one of our experienced 11+ teachers and will introduce key areas English, Maths, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, and provides a stimulating and enjoyable learning environment, and a great opportunity to boost confidence and get ahead at the start of Year 5.
The Course will include
- Pre – course written assessment which is sent out to pupils to complete before the course takes place. This is given to the teacher to mark, and each course will be tailored to the students, as a group and as individuals.
- Reports and Feedback. The teacher will give summarise what was covered during the course, and will also give individual written feedback to students, with suggestions for further revision and improvements.
- Books, worksheets and practice papers. These will be supplied by the teacher, and are unique to Greater London Courses.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Maths – problem solving, fractions, decimals, percentages, geometry, averages, graphs, ratios
- English – comprehension, composition, story planning, spelling, punctuation, grammar
- Verbal Reasoning – Literacy questions, vocabulary questions, numeracy questions
- Non Verbal Reasoning – demystifying non-verbal reasoning, breaking down questions, improving speed and accuracy
The course runs for three hours a day (including two short breaks) for three days, Monday to Wednesday 9.30am to 12.30pm. Please refer to the timetable to see when your next nearest course will take place.
Our 11+ Introduction Course takes place in October Half Term only.
There will be a maximum of six students per course.